The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Job Status: Full-Time
• Performs skilled/semi-skilled commercial craftsman-level work involving electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and general building construction projects for City buildings, equipment, and related facilities.
• Assists in monitoring activities of inmate workers or community service workers assigned to work detail; provides training as needed; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work.
• Ensures that operation, repair, maintenance, installation, remodeling, and/or construction of buildings, equipment, and systems are in compliance with applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
• Responds to work orders/requests to conduct various installation, repair, or maintenance projects as assigned; calculates/estimates time and material needed to complete projects; plans work activities to minimize down time in offices or other work areas; conducts maintenance inspections of buildings, equipment, and facilities to identify necessary repairs; reports potentially hazardous or dangerous situations to supervisor; responds to emergency situations.
• Performs other related duties as requiredp >