The purpose of this classification is to support the City of Forest Park 3 Board Authorities. Boards regularly meet once per month with the occasional special called meetings. The Board Aide coordinates activity with the city, city attorney, bond attorney, economic development department, board members, and the public. This position is primarily providing administrative support for board meetings, operational support for special projects, coordination of property offers and contracts, coordination of bond financing for economic development projects, and coordination of grants for special projects.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent; and one (1) year of related experience that includes secretarial work, office administration, basic bookkeeping, reception work, customer service, records management, and personal computer operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coordinate and manage board member membership/terms
- Coordinate required board member training
- Facilitate required reporting to Department of Community Affairs
- Coordinate annual audit and other required activity
- Facilitate budgeting of boards and prepare monthly financial reports
- Communicate with Mayor and City Council regarding board activities
- Update all board authorities web pages
- Maintain insurance for authorities
- Coordinate travel and special events for board members
- Coordinate studies, consultants and professional services as needed by each board authority
- Organize records and archived board activity
- Respond to Open Records Request for authorities
- Coordinate professional services as needed by the board
- Other projects as assigned by the boards
- Facilitate agendas and materials for board meetings
- Support legal counsel for legal information for discussion and action
- Facilitate board member contacts and meeting invitation to achieve a quorum
- Prepare and disburse agenda & supplemental materials for all board authority meetings
- Take minutes at all board authority meetings and maintain copies (hard copy/electronic)
- Ensure records from all 3 board authorities are maintained in a secure fashion
- Facilitate Open Records Request for all 3 board authorities
- Maintain City Website for meeting dates/board activities
- Provide regular updates on board projects and activities
- Coordinate with Economic Development and Legal about offers on property to be sold by an authority
- Coordinate sales contracts with Economic Development and Legal
- Monitor contracts and closings, confirm work per authority authorization
- Coordinate tax abatement and bond financing materials
- Update budgets and reconcile open invoices with the assistance of the Finance Department
- Coordinate grants and funding supported by authorities for projects
- Mental Acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.