The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Job Description: Lake City Public Works Utility Employee
This position involves operating equipment and preforming manual labor to participate in the completion of assigned duties. Work is performed under the supervision of the Dir. of Community Services.
The following Duties are normal for this job, other duties may be required as assigned
•Maintenance and repair of city streets, sidewalks, curbs, installation or repair of road signs, clears roadways of debris or tree limbs and leaves, mowing and trimming including right-of-way mowing with tractors with bush hogs and zero turn mowers.
• Performs minor building repairs including minor electrical and plumbing repairs, assists with maintenance of departmental equipment and vehicles.
• Some after hour’s on-call may be required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must have valid GA driver’s license.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction and work independently, if required.
• Safety procedures and practices are required as well as wearing safety equipment.
• Some knowledge of carpentry, mechanical, and electrical.
• Ability or willingness to learn how to operate equipment, i.e., backhoe, tractor, mowing equipment and various hand tools.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental and vision, paid training, retirement options, paid time off, sick leave and holidays.
The employment application may be obtained either online at www.lakecityga.net or in person. Send all applications and resumes to the Lake City Community Services Department by mail, in-person, fax (404-366-0654) or email Eddie Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Lake City 5455 Jonesboro Rd. Lake City, GA. 30260 (404) 366-8080p >