The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
At Union City, we are guided by our mission and vision, to proudly promote community growth with municipal services and programs, and to make bold, visionary plans to push toward the future. We do this by having the right people in the right place and by creating a culture of service and execution. Make a difference where it counts by joining our team!
As part of our team, members benefit from alternative work schedules, in-house training programs, clearly defined career paths, on-going development opportunities, and a competitive benefits package, just to name a few.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City.
• While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
• Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
• Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hires, supervises, trains, and disciplines maintenance personnel.
• Directs the construction and installation of necessary equipment.
• Performs and oversees routine maintenance and repair of City facilities.
• Oversees and performs routine maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, fire protection, sprinkler, and mechanical systems.
• Manages remodeling of City’s facilities.
• Manages contractors for City facility repairs and maintenance.
• Manages and performs various carpentry and building construction duties, including fence installation and repair, installing sheetrock, tile installation, roofing, window and glass repair, masonry, door repair, electrical system installation and repair, hot water heater installation, and ceiling repair.
• Welds and fabricates fixtures as necessary.
• Obtains bids for supplies, materials, and work performed by outside vendors.
• Inspects City facilities for needed maintenance and repair work in adherence to safety codes.
• Inspects finished work of building maintenance staff.
• Assists with developing the department budget by preparing preliminary cost estimates; monitors expenditures under the current budget.
• Oversees and performs as needed custodial duties, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, stripping and waxing floors; dusting, polishing furniture and woodwork; cleaning windows; moving, assembling and disassembling office furniture and equipment; hanging signs and pictures; and cleaning restrooms.
• Participates in monthly departmental safety meetings and safety training courses.
• Properly secures city equipment according to safety regulations to ensure employee and citizen safety.
• Maintains department inventory.
• Prioritizes work orders.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the City’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the City’s goals. Incumbent operates independently but work is verified. Content of work priorities are determined by supervision. The purpose of this position is to perform and supervise maintenance and repair activities. Successful performance presents a positive image of the City of Union City to citizens and businesses. The work consists of related duties in coordinating and supervising building maintenance and repair projects. Inclement weather conditions contribute to the complexity of the work. Incumbent works with all departments within the City but results are monitored by the Director of Public Services. Content of work priorities are largely self determined.
Contacts are across the entire City community and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will and support of City programs and initiatives. Contacts are typically with co-workers, other city employees, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, and the general public.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Four (4) or more years of experience in construction and building maintenance.
• Two (2) or more years of experience supervisory role.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Any appropriate combination of education and experience
For prompt consideration, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org >