The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
At Union City, we are guided by our mission and vision, to proudly promote community growth with municipal services and programs, and to make bold, visionary plans to push toward the future. We do this by having the right people in the right place and by creating a culture of service and execution. Make a difference where it counts by joining our team!
As part of our team, members benefit from alternative work schedules, in-house training programs, clearly defined career paths, on-going development opportunities, and a competitive benefits package, just to name a few.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City.
• While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
• Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
• Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Traverses assigned routes and takes readings of meter dials; records reading on meter card or inputs data into hand-held microcomputing device to provide needed information for utility billing or other related action.
• Ensures that proper, concise notes are taken on any unusual changes in consumption, location or malfunctions such as leaks or damaged meters.
• Rechecks readings as needed to determine abnormal consumption patterns and analyze possible causes for fluctuation or consumption.
• Maintains, cleans, and repairs assigned tools and equipment.
• Assists in the analysis and improvement of assigned routes.
• Drives city vehicle to and from job site and perform other incidental driving assignments.
• Ensures upkeep of City’s assigned vehicle reporting any issues and maintenance needs as they arise.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• May assists in the maintenance and repair of meters; meter replacements; tests meters for accuracy.
• May assists in responding to work orders for utility disconnection's, reconnections, new orders, and other public works service requests, as assigned.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the City’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the City’s goals. Incumbent operates independently but results are monitored by the Board of Trustees. Content of work priorities are largely self determined.
Contacts are across the entire City community and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will and support of City programs and initiatives.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High school Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years experience in maintenance, construction, or utility operations.