The City of Norcross is looking to hire for the full-time position of Bilingual Receptionist & Administrative Coordinator.
The purpose of this position is to courteously and efficiently operate the switchboard, greet visitors, and answer routine questions and perform a variety of secretarial and clerical tasks.
The incumbent in this position will perform routine clerical and secretarial work such as answering telephones, receiving the general public, providing customer assistance, data processing and recordkeeping. Responsibilities include answering the office telephone system and directing calls accordingly. While working within a fast-paced environment, courteously greets and directs citizens and responds to inquiries from employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical support to the City by acting as liaison between the public and staff.
- Answers the telephone system for City Hall, directs calls efficiently, and delivers messages to the appropriate department.
- Greets and receives visitors, provides general information, and answers general questions.
- Refers visitors, as needed, to appropriate person, official, or department.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other documents for GGA Director.
- Prepares and meters outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Assists with preparation of financial documents.
- Skilled in the utilization of multi-line phone systems.
- Ability to work well with others in a positive team environment.
- Strong communication skills; includes success in written communication, interpersonal communication, group communication, phone skills, and electronic communication.
- Ability to display professionalism at all times
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving is necessary.
- Knowledge of personal computers and MS Office software (Word and Excel).
- Ability to handle difficult situations in an effective, safe, timely and legal manner.
- Ability to problem-solve, handle confidential information, and perform computer related functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with the citizens of the community.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of the basic operations of all city departments.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
- One to two years of progressively responsible reception and/or switchboard experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Must be Fluent in Spanish and English
Starting salary: $13-14 Hourly
Interested applicants must submit a resume: email@example.com
The City of Norcross is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace