The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Public Works Technician
The City Of Hoschton is accepting applications for a full-time Public Works Technician
This position involves operating equipment and preforming manual labor to participate in the completion of assigned duties. Work is performed under the supervision of the Public Works Manager.
The following Duties are normal for this job, other duties may be required as assigned
•Maintenance and repair of city streets, sidewalks, curbs, installation or repair of road signs, clears roadways of debris or tree limbs and leaves, mowing and trimming including right-of-way mowing with tractors with bush hogs.
• Performs minor building repairs including minor electrical and plumbing repairs, assists with maintenance of departmental equipment and vehicles.
• Assists in Water and Wastewater Department as needed.
• Some after hour’s on-call may be required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must have valid GA driver’s license.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction and work independently, if required.
• Safety procedures and practices are required as well as wearing safety equipment.
• Some knowledge of carpentry, mechanical, and electrical.
• Ability or willingness to learn how to operate equipment, i.e., backhoe, tractor, mowing equipment and various hand tools.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental and vision, paid training, paid time off, sick leave and holidays. Please visit www.cityofhoschton.com under Career Opportunities for application. You may submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to City Hall. The City of Hoschton is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Hoschton City Hall, 79 City Square, Hoschton, Georgia 30548 City Hall (706) 654-3034 | Fax (706) 654-9834 www.cityofhoschton.comp >