ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and expertise to internal and external customers regarding stormwater management and plan review for building; implementation and enforcement of the Putnam County Water Resources Management Ordinance and NPDES permits; and inspection of existing and proposed projects for compliance with Putnam County’s Notice of Intent and General Permit. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review of stormwater related plans, responding to citizens’ questions regarding stormwater issues, field inspections of stormwater structures, and preparing correspondence with property owners for maintenance and repair to stormwater structures, performing other tasks as assigned. Photographs, documents, and maintains organized database records on infrastructure system inspections
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Environmental Sciences
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Georgia’s driver’s license
- Two years of progressively responsible related experience in the construction industry
- Two years of experience working within a local government inspection
- GaSWCC Level 1B Certification (Inspector) within 6 months of date of employment
- GaSWCC Level 2 Certification (Plan Reviewer) within 12 months of date of employment
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting construction plans.
- Utilizing a computer and understanding computer applications and techniques as necessary in the completion of daily assignments.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing daily assignments and work activities.
- Compiling, organizing, preparing, and maintaining an assortment of records, reports and information in an effective manner and according to departmental and/or governmental regulations and requirements.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative, and independent judgement within established guidelines.
Job Description – Plan Review Engineer
- Uses mapping software to locate, identify, evaluate, and recommend maintenance activities on stormwater structures including inlets, headwalls, detention ponds, ditches, swales and pipes in the county stormwater collection and conveyance system.
- Inspects stormwater infrastructure elements on public and private projects including water quality Best Management Practices (BMPs) in accordance with county, state, and federal regulations.
- Explains county requirements for stormwater infrastructure to contractors, developers, and land surveyors; instructs developers and contractors in the proper design, installation and maintenance of stormwater structures and E&SC Best Management Practices.
- Performs NPDES and E&SC inspections to ensure compliance with county, state, and federal regulations.
- Assists in providing documentation to property owners that do not know or understand what the maintenance requirements are for private stormwater facilities.
- Assists in tracking private and public project construction to ensure performance of storm water quality and quantity standards in accordance with approved plans
Applications are available at the Putnam County Board of Commissioners Office, 117 Putnam Drive, Eatonton, Georgia or may be accessed and printed via our website (www.putnamcountyga.us). All completed applications should be submitted directly to Human Resources, Attention: Cynthia Miller, 117 Putnam Drive, Suite A, Eatonton, Georgia 31024.
Putnam County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.