Position: Engineer Technician 1 (FT) Department: Road & Bridges
Starting Salary: $14.22/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: February 12, 2021 Closing Date: February 25, 2021
This position is responsible for assisting with work involved with the fabrication, installation, and maintenance of road and street signs, with layout of proposed road projects, coordinating and preforming maintenance on flood control structures and airport, and right of way acquisition and investigation.
- Assist with the fabrication and maintenance of road and street signs, and other traffic control devices.
- Assist with the sign maintenance and management program.
- Assist road department work crews with the setting up of work zone traffic controls in accordance with the Manuel on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Assist with coordinating and performing various maintenance duties as it relates to the public works department.
- Assist with driveway and encroachment permitting.
- Assist in utility locating and relocating.
- Assist in gathering project specific information.
- Assist the Public Works Director and/or the Road Superintendent with the establishment and staking of county roadway centerlines, drainage structures, grade controls and right of way limits for proposed road improvements.
- Performs general office duties, including answering phone, working with computer, and filling.
- Flags traffic.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the geography of the county, including roads and landmarks.
- Knowledge of department safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Knowledge of FAAS regulations.
- Skill in the operation of heavy equipment.
- Skill in the use of GPS equipment and software.
- Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in communicating effectively with the general public.
- Skill in research and in preparing reports.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand construction plans and GDOT specifications.
- One year of experience in public works, road/bridge maintenance, airport, and or related field.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License. Applicant must be able to obtain CDL license within 1 year.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214