The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Equipment Operator / Truck Driver with CDL’s
Starting Salary: $15.86/hr
· Operates heavy equipment in the maintenance and repair of city streets, rights-of-way, and related infrastructure, including a knuckleboom truck, backhoe, tractor and bush-hog.
· Operates dump trucks and other vehicles to transport materials and equipment to and from job sites.
· Performs pre- and post-trip vehicle and equipment inspections.
· Operates chainsaws and limb saws to trim trees and bushes.
· Operates a knuckleboom truck to collect and transport yard waste.
· Operates a weedeater to trim weeds.
· Performs special projects, including building demolitions, site clean ups, and construction projects.
The City of Sandersville offers a wide variety of benefits including:
· Individual & Family Health and dental Insurance plans.
· Insurance Buy Out Program
· Supplemental insurance policies available: Vision, long-term disability policies, and flexible spending account.
· Employees are provided with $25,000 Life Ins policy; double accidental.
· City funded Pension Retirement plan -requires 5 years vested service.
· Deferred Compensation Plan with City match.
· Vacation days are provided to as follows; after 6 months of service 40 hours; after one years of service 80 hours; 5 years- 96 hours; 10 years-120 hours and over 15 years -160 hours and Sick leave is provided at the rate of 8 hours per month.
· 11 Paid Holidays per year
If interested, please apply online at www.sandersvillega.org All applications must be received by March 1, 2021 at 5:00PM