The City of Fayetteville, Georgia commits to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees, complying with local, state and federal laws. The City’s policy is to employ qualified persons without discrimination regarding race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, country of national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political affiliation, ethnicity, or status in any other group protected by federal/state/local law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
This position is a skilled clerical position responsible for providing administrative support in assigned department. Work involves public contact, maintaining a variety of complex records, and compiling reports and statistical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence; receives, opens, date stamps mail for the department, and routes mail to appropriate party.
- Operates a computer to produce confidential reports, correspondence, and other documents from rough draft, written copy, or oral instructions; takes notes and minutes of meetings
- Assigns work orders, processes documents such as permits and certificates of occupancy, and writes/posts inspection tickets as applicable in assigned department.
- Compiles data for daily, monthly, annual and other departmental reports.
- Files and retrieves materials and data from department computerized and manual filing systems; maintains the department's filing system.
- May operate City vehicle in the performance of duties and/or to attend training programs.
- Processes and maintains a variety of daily, monthly, and yearly organizational forms, records, reports, and accounts including personnel records, payroll and budget, expenditure records, and equipment and supply requisition forms.
- Receives, screens, takes messages, and appropriately directs calls as needed; provides customer service to visitors and callers regarding information about or knowledge of specific department operations, policies, and procedures.
- May receive funds; balance funds daily.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences for department staff; receives, opens, date stamps mail, and routes mail to appropriate department personnel; and mails out departmental mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Specific Duties for Municipal Court:
- Morning Jail call
- Complete daily deposit
- Order/Inventory Office Supplies
- Process Citations (daily)
- Ensure Failure to Appear (FTA) warnings are issued
Education and Experience:
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent; some college course work preferred; And
- One (1) year of related work experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license - Class C.
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Certification relative to the job responsibilities and duties as determined by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operation of general office equipment including calculator, computer keyboard, computer word processing or other programs, telephone, telephone console, or copy machine as required.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical and accounting procedures.
- Skill in operating a computer.
- Ability to work independently without specific instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and apply available guidelines to varied operational requirements; and to follow clearly stated oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly at all times.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain alphabetical and chronological files.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and the general public.
- Ability to drive and operate the department assigned vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate, meet, and deal with the public and employees in a pleasant, courteous manner.
- Ability to accurately record and transfer data from one source to another; and to perform basic mathematical calculations.
The work is sedentary work and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: fingering, handling, hearing, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
The work is typically performed in an office.