The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Classification Title: Police Officer
Salary Range: $36,000 (Trainee – Non-certified); $40,100 - $60,400 (Police Officer I)
Location: Perry Police Department
Term of Appointment: Full-time Regular
Probationary Period: 12 months
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK:
A responsible position involving the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws with strong emphasis on community oriented policing. Patrols assigned areas on foot, bicycle, or vehicle to control traffic, prevent crime or disturbances of peace, arrest violators and assist citizens as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POLICE OFFICER TRAINEE APPLICANTS:
- High school education or its equivalent as recognized by the GA Department of Education (Minimum GED score of 45 per section-total 225);
- Preference will be given, all others factors equal, to applicants with at least 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of college credits from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum age is twenty (20) years;
- Pass the required background investigation, voice stress analysis or polygraph examination, physical examination, and pre-employment drug test;
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act Police Officer’s Standard Training Act;
- Willing to work in harmony with staff and on any shift assigned;
- Must be a U.S. citizen;
- Must have a valid GA Driver’s license
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POLICE OFFICER I APPLICANTS:
Must meet requirements for Police Officer Trainee position in addition to POST basic mandate certification.
To apply for this position interested applicants should complete the City of Perry Application for Employment. The completed application can be submitted in person at Perry City Hall (Human Resources Office) 1211 Washington St, Perry, GA; mailed to P.O. Box 2030, Perry, GA 31069; e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or faxed to 478-988-2713. Resumes may be added to the completed application. For questions call 478-988-2713.
Visit the City of Perry website to complete our online application or print a copy you can complete by hand.
The City of Perry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified drug-free workplace.p >