The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
This position reports to the Chief of Police and is responsible for general police work involving the protection of life and property, preserving the peace, enforcement of laws and ordinances, investigation of crime, and performing other related assignments and activities. The ideal candidate will be a P.O.S.T. certified law enforcement officer and will have skill in working with the public, in preparing technical reports, and in organizing work and accomplishing assigned tasks. If the applicant is not POST certified, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain current certification requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Act within six months of date of hire.
This is a full-time position and compensation will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and the current City pay scale. The successful candidate must pass the required background investigation, physical examination, and pre-employment drug test.
· Age 18 or older
· High School Diploma or State-Issued General Educational Development (GED); some college preferred
· Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Certified or Graduate of a Georgia Law Enforcement Academy preferred, but will consider sending otherwise highly qualified candidates to the police academy *
· In good standing with P.O.S.T. in all states of certification
· Georgia Driver’s License within 30 days of hire if you currently hold an out-of-state valid license
· Be physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions as listed
Employment applications may be accessed and printed via our website, www.mcrae-helena.org. Applications are also available at the McRae-Helena City Hall. Completed applications should be delivered to McRae-Helena City Hall at 25 S. First Street, McRae-Helena, Georgia or mailed to P. O. Box 55157, McRae-Helena, GA 31055.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.The City of McRae-Helena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City is giving notice by this advertisement that their services are available without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation and marital or family status.