The purpose of this position is to develop and implement tourism-generating strategies including event coordination, planning, research, communications and related activities for the city.
The incumbent in this position will support and organize events for the City of Norcross, ensuring event related tasks are delivered in a professional manner in accordance with organizational goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate special events and projects as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to event vendors; coordinates the registration process including the distribution of materials, assignment of exhibit space and collect appropriate fees.
- Plan and implement tourism activities such as guided walking tours.
- Assists with training, scheduling and supervising volunteers for special events.
- Prepares briefs, summaries, fact sheets and other required data for event planning; prepares and maintains reports, records, and files.
- Attend tourism industry training programs/conferences.
- Receives and responds to questions and inquiries, identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information.
- Interprets and communicates event regulations, guidelines, and policies; reports and/or resolves issues related to program policies and procedures.
- Ability to strategically plan and schedule more than 12 months in advance and adhere to set schedules.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Moderate experience in event planning, sales, marketing and public relations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Flexibility to perform duties after regular hours, on weekends and holidays, as required to meet community needs.
- Must be proficient in social media platforms
- Any other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: starting at $40,000 BOQ, Full benefits,
Submit a Norcross Application email@example.com
EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please