The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
- Results-oriented who is able to make difficult strategic decisions & communicate them in a
respectful, compassionate, and effective manner.
· One who sets direction, then remains in regular communication with department heads to hold
them accountable for accomplishments.
· Supports policy development by the Board & is skilled in translating policy into practice with
staff members, as well as, examining alternatives, & presenting well-documented
recommendations to elected officials in a timely manner, including explanation of alternatives,
pros & cons.
· Foresight to imagine & anticipate trends, opportunities, & problems.
· Person who can help articulate to residents & staff the Board’s vision for Spalding county with
demonstrated skills in interpersonal, written & verbal communication to build strong trust with
the Board & public.
· One who promotes teamwork, shares information willingly & encourages an open & transparent
government - Familiarity with technology useful for county functions.
· High awareness of local, regional, state & national issues & practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration or a closely related
field; Master’s degree preferred.
· Seven years of experience in local government management, public administration,
financial management, budget administration and public & employee relations.
· Management responsibility for revenue enhancement, organization, policy formulation
and service delivery in a full-service governmental entity.
· Experience with budget preparation, financial planning, grantsmanship, human
resource management, and program & service evaluation.
· Experience with land use planning, community development, transportation, economic
development, parks & recreation, & environmental protection
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter (including salary expectations) and a
resume to Miles Neville, Human Resources Director, via email to
email@example.com or by mail to Miles Neville, P.O. Box 1087, Griffin, GA 30224.
Application deadline is April 9, 2021.
Spalding County supports a policy of