PURPOSE OF CLASSIFICATION
The purpose of this classification is to plan, develop, supervise and evaluate programs for the Parks and Recreation Department for all age groups of the City of Jefferson community. This position reports to the Director.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, develops, supervises, and evaluates programs for the community; writes, revises and updates programs to meet community needs.
- Recruits, recommends for hire, supervises, trains and evaluates temporary/seasonal employees, contract labor, volunteers and interns as they relate to programs and special events; handles all related concerns, directs work assignments, and evaluates assigned employee performance.
- Coordinates volunteer needs, recruitment and training; plans and implements the required coaches’ certification program for volunteer coaches; schedules and coordinates clinic with school system coaches.
- Prepares facility for programs and special events by coordinating maintenance; security needs and related concerns.
- Manages the operation and rental of assigned facilities; schedules the use of facility by other divisions, departments and community organizations.
- Instructs classes and/or conducts division programs where necessary and plans/directs auxiliary programs throughout the department to integrate services.
- Plans, develops and supervises athletic programs and tournaments for youth and adults.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment for programs and events.
- Prepares annual budget proposal for division programs and assists with the development of the overall division budget proposal.
- Assists with the management of daily operations of the facility; enforces facility rules and regulations.
- Coordinates program publicity and/or promotional information.
- Serves as community resource person in programming and special events; serves as a liaison to user groups and other outside agencies as assigned.
- Maintains a current knowledge and awareness of principles, practices, regulations and procedures of the Park and Recreation department; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession.
- Adheres to all county Safety Policies and Procedures; utilizes precautionary safety equipment and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals.
Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration, Sports Management, or closely related field; supplemented by one (1) to two (2) years previous experience and/or training that includes recreational program administration and/or athletic field preparation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must be flexible to work an inconsistent schedule involving evening, weekend and/or holiday work. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid or complete certification within the first 6 months of hire. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Applications may be submitted online to email@example.com, or to Jefferson City Hall, located at 147 Athens Street, Jefferson, GA 30549. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications, but may be attached.