The Benefits Manager performs work related to the administration and maintenance of the benefits functions performed by the Department of Human Resources including payroll, billing reconciliation, employee communication, completion of benefits surveys, and planning and coordinating annual open enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and administers employee personnel files related to benefits.
- Administers employee benefits plans, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and other miscellaneous benefits.
- Responsible for ensuring all benefit plans are operated in compliance with applicable government regulations and required reporting and disclosure are completed in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure the integrity of the data required for successful administration by the third-party administrators including system audits and system testing including new hires, terminations, status changes, annual enrollment, etc.
- Organizes and carries out annual open enrollment for employee benefits.
- Develop and maintain census data and reports.
- Responds effectively and timely to requests and correspondences.
- Develops educational packages for benefits & new hire orientations.
- Manages the benefits accounting process to ensure accurate deductions, vendor payments, and required reporting.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Human Resource Management; with seven (7) years of experience in professional human resources, payroll, benefits administration or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.