- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$70,000-$75,000 with excellent benefits
- Posted Date:04/22/2021
City of Milton, Georgia
Date Opened: April 22, 2021
End Date: May 6, 2021 or until filled
Starting Pay: Position is considered exempt with an estimated starting salary between $70,000 and $75,000 with excellent benefits
The City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as our Plans Examiner. The City is reorganizing the Building Inspection and Plan Review function and moving from an outsourced service delivery model to bringing those responsibilities in-house.
The Plans Examiner reviews plans, specifications, calculations, and designs submitted for construction, alteration or repair of buildings and structures for compliance with applicable City and State codes and standards. Sets up and maintains computer-aided systems for monitoring work in progress.
Typical duties include:
- Reviewing construction plans and specifications to ensure that building components (foundations, framing, mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, energy conservation, life safety, and accessibility) meet the provisions of applicable federal, state and city codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, policies and procedures.
- Confering with architects, engineers, property owners, contractors, builders, and the general public on all current building or technical code requirements, and federal, state and city law for a particular building type or construction compliance.
- Receiving and processing plan review requests; writing detailed report for customers to obtain code compliance; maintaining records of plan review activities.
- Performing data entry and operating permitting software system.
- Serving as a relief building inspector, and planning route and field activities or tests, as needed.
- Observing site conditions and enforcing all City building regulations, ordinances and codes.
- Issuing Stop Work Order when construction, which has not been properly permitted, or sites are perilous, or violations have not been corrected and/or construction continued beyond an approved point.
- Performing building and site inspections, as needed.
- Maintaining a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable codes, regulations, and standards; reviewing new codes and changes to existing codes; maintaining an awareness of new methods, materials, trends, and advances in the profession; maintaining professional certifications.
- Serving in the absence of the Chief Building Official.
- Performing other related duties, as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED equivalency with five years of experience in plan review, architectural design, engineering or construction, or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the above stated responsibilities. ICC Residential Plan Review certification and ICC Commercial Plan Review certification
For prompt consideration, send your resume to email@example.com
Human Resources Director
City of Milton
2006 Heritage Walk
Milton, GA 30004
TEAM MILTON is committed to an environment that nurtures understanding across differences, training, mentoring and provides a workplace where all staff feel welcome and valued.