HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Location: Griffin, Ga.
Classification: This is an exempt position.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Human Resources Manager plans and directs Human Resources management programs including recruitment, personnel policy administration, risk management, organizational development and training, talent management, workers’ compensation, employee relations, compensation management, employee benefits, and wellness programs. The Human Resources Manager will develop a human resources strategic plan, policies & procedures, and practices and programs. This role does not manage any employees. The HR Department is a department of one. The chosen applicants will perform all listed duties for 65 plus employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Ensures compliance with all personnel laws and ordinances; reads assimilates and disseminates information on changes in laws and regulations; analyzes the impact of changes on commission policies and procedures; creates or recommends compliance processes or procedures.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Administers commission benefits plans, programs, and contracts; evaluates benefit program usage and premium costs, terms, renewals, and modification of contracts; develops recommendations and requests for proposal for new benefits plans; negotiates new plan contracts and coordinates implementation and administration of such; oversees and directs annual benefits meetings and enrollments; notifies employees of benefit program changes. Benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Act as EEO officer and develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Identifies, facilitates, designs, and/or implements training programs to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, or laws, to orient new employees, to increase employee effectiveness and engagement, to promote wellness, employee communication, and employee recognition or other training; develops annual training and wellness activity calendar; conducts training or coordinates training events with outside vendors.
- Develop human resources policies & procedures, and practices and programs.
- Assist in the design and development of training curriculum/lesson plans and other training resources for commission employees and department heads.
- Maintains claims databases to document claims history. Prepares schedules, spreadsheets, graphs, and other claims summaries. Point of contact for callers regarding complaints or liability claims. Provides instructions on filing claims and forwards claims to the insurance company.
- Assists with routine claims investigations, interviews, and documents findings. Visits work and accident sites as needed to conduct investigations and interview claimants or witnesses.
- Responsible for initiating benefit contract negotiations and the rollout of annual open enrollment procedures and notifications.
- Responsible for employment-related activities to include recruitment compliance and administration of all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations such as Affirmative Action, OSHA, ERISA, FLSA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, and Worker's Compensation.
- Meets with an attorney concerning legal matters including EEOC hearings, Unemployment Compensation hearings and other legal matters. Works with an attorney to compile the necessary documentation and strategies in preparation for employment-related legal actions and hearings.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; writes and places advertisements. Insures that pre-employment drug tests and background checks are administered, responsible for e-verify and other state/federal employment procedures. Maintains personnel files.
- Handles employee relations counseling, mediator for staff conflicts, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Develop and maintain Title VI, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, EEO, Limited English Proficiency, ADA, and Drug and Alcohol plans or policies for the TRRC, and its Aging, Transit, and Workforce programs. Assist the TRRC Aging, Transit, and Workforce programs with Title VI, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, EEO, Limited English Proficiency, ADA, and Drug and Alcohol training and compliance review activities.
- Plans, sets agenda etc. for staff meeting for moral and information sharing purposes & Keeps Directors/Managers up-to-date on HR-related topics i.e. documentation of employee performance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
Education and Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
- A master’s degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field, OR
- Seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional Human Resources certification preferred (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP).
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply through indeed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/PROGRAM AUXILIARY AIDS & SERVICES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST TO INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. TOLL-FREE TDD/TTY: 1-800-255-0056 FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED