The City of South Fulton has an opening for the following position:
Deputy Director Parks & Recreation: Full Time with city benefits
Position Summary: This classification plans, promotes, organizes, and assists in directing the activities of the Parks & Recreation Department.
Salary: $87,515 (DOQ)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and directs strategic and long-range planning goals and objectives for facilities and programming (recreation & athletics).
- Assists the department Director in the planning, development, and implementation of department-wide activities, regarding all policies and department standard operations procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations management and compliance of staff, contractors, and facilities regarding city policies and department standard operation procedures.
- Provides leadership to employees; schedules and directs work of technical, work orders, projects, clerical, skilled and semi-skilled workers; trains new employees as needed; resolves work quality or personnel, outlines strategies and procedures, and conflicts with crew members.
- Oversees the implementation of training and safety programs for department employees.
- Oversees the supervision of the maintenance of leased equipment with the terms of all leases and contracts.
- Responds to citizen complaints or inquiries by phone, in person, and by written correspondence or email.
- Assists in the development of departmental budgets; analyzes and monitors budgets to ensure services are appropriate and effective.
- Monitors Park projects, programs, and activities to ensure services parallel the plan of action in relation to schedule, attendance, personnel, costs, safety, and participation.
- Oversees the coordination of City-wide recreational services, athletics, and facilities.
- Ensures that the department is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with other providers of services related to the social welfare of the community.
- Oversees the development of facilities to meet the needs of future population growth.
- Actively participates in the planning and facilitating of community special events to safeguard the public's trust and safety.
- Guides the development and maintenance of community volunteers for the various divisions to supplement staff and resources as well as create a fellowship with special interest groups within the community.
- Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates usage of facilities and program attendance. Evaluates the results of overall operations and service levels and provides regular reports to the Director
- Monitors Parks, projects, programs, and activities to ensure services parallel the plan of action in relation to schedule, attendance, personnel, costs, safety, and participation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Arts, Recreation, Park Management, Public Administration or related field supplemented; an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Seven (7) years of experience
Valid Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) or Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) Certification is preferred.
All Job postings: The city is an EOE, DFW; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No calls please, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Niki Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org