Police Officer – Ringgold Police Department
The City of Ringgold is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. We are part of a thriving local economy that is steadily growing but happily maintains that small hometown feel. Ringgold is the county seat of Catoosa County and is a gateway city to travelers coming to our state from Interstate 75.
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- High School graduate or obtained a recognized equivalent
- Free from any felony convictions or a sufficient number of misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law
- Fingerprinted for both a state and federal criminal records check
- Good moral character as determined by an investigation
- Free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect his/her exercise of the powers or duties of a peace officer
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Qualified applicants must have a community-oriented mindset. Georgia P.O.S.T. certified officers with prior law enforcement experience are preferred, though this is not necessarily a requirement. Applicants must be able to pass an extensive background check to include, driver’s history and criminal history, psychological screen, oral interview, written examination, and pre-employment drug screen.
Our officers work twelve hour shifts with rotating days off (every other weekend off). Full-time officers that have completed the Field Training program and probationary period are included in the take home vehicle program (residence within 20 miles of City limits).
Other benefits include:
Medical Insurance: 70% paid by City for family coverage
100% paid by City for individual employee
Paid time off
Competitive pay based on experience
Interested individuals should complete a City of Ringgold Employment application that can be found at www.cityofringgoldga.gov
Please contact Chief Jennifer Jones at email@example.com
or (706) 935-3066 for more information.