The City of Johns Creek is seeking an experienced Assistant City Clerk. The Assistant City Clerk will assist in the operation of the City Clerk's Office including assistance with elections, Council support, legislative administration, and records management. This position's status is Exempt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assumes full responsibility of the City Clerk, including attending meetings and assuming the role of the City Clerk during the meetings as required; may also attend ACB, RPAC, or other meetings more than just twice a month;
- Assists the City Clerk in the planning and conduct of all municipal elections; assists citizens with voter registration and early balloting;
- Provides input and prepares related portions of the office budget and prepares written supplemental budget requests for review by the City Clerk; also reviews purchase requisitions;
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation, posting, dissemination, and presentation to City Council of documentation relevant to Council business and Committee meetings; reviews and edits all written materials that will serve as the City's official record;
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and City, state, and federal regulations;
- Adheres to the City's records management program and records retention schedules to ensure retention schedules are up-to-date and in compliance with Federal, State, and municipal requirements;
- Responds to requests from the Mayor and members of Council for various research projects and assignments, drafts recommendations, and reports;
- Produces and/or reviews manual updates, statistical reports, budget reports, election statistics, City Council reports, proposals for City Council consideration, and various other correspondence in order to provide information about City Council actions/decisions; gives instruction and provides updates to the City Code Book;
- Serves as liaison to the Council Subcommittee on Boards and Commissions Appointments; coordinates timely and accurate updating of appointments and oaths of office for the Mayor's Boards and Commissions;
- Manage records - attendance contacts, and others as required;
- Assists with the supervision of any support staff of the City Clerk's office including developing, implementing, and evaluating plans, work processes, systems, and procedures to achieve staff goals, objectives, and work standards.
- Five or more years of experience as an Assistant City Clerk, City Clerk, or other similar role
- High School Diploma/GED
- Specialized training and/or course work related to municipal government, elections, business, law, human relations, and/or management
- Technology and computer skills including Excel, virtual meetings, Dropbox, specialty software
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills, including use of accurate grammar
- Advanced knowledge of the Georgia Open Records Act and ability to respond to Open Records Requests accordingly
- Hold a current Certified Municipal Clerk designation
- Have the ability to obtain Certified Municipal Elections Official designation within two years
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field
- Or any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
- Certified Municipal Elections Official designation
- Additional language skills
The Assistant City Clerk's starting pay will be competitive and commensurate with the chosen candidate’s qualifications and experience. The targeted starting pay is between $55,768.12/year and $61,473.36/year. The City of Johns Creek also offers an attractive benefits package, including health benefits, retirement (401(a) and 457 Plans), and paid leave.
Interested professionals should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for professional references via the online portal.
No unsolicited letters, emails, telephone calls, or in-person submission will be considered in fairness to other potential candidates for this position.