The city has a job opportunity for a Stormwater Technician. This position is responsible for coordinating all activities within the City's Stormwater Utility, including system inventory, State reporting requirements, field inspections, repairs, and maintenance to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Conducts inspections, plan reviews and site surveys for stormwater runoff compliance.
- Communicates with supervisors, directors, other departments, property owners, contractors, complainants, Homeowners Associations (HOA’s), public and other individuals needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems and/or give/receive advice/direction.
- Inspects all stormwater infrastructure in the City, including outfalls, detention and retention facilities and catch basins; identifies issues of non-compliance and coordinates maintenance and repair orders.
- Inputs information into a computer, database, or related software to maintain records such as inspections, repair, maintenance, equipment, and service history.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of regulations and guidelines; maintains awareness of new trends and advances in profession; reads professional literature and attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
- Compiles data and completes forms and reports as required by State and Federal regulations governing stormwater utilities.
- Conducts routine sampling and testing of stormwater runoff for illicit discharges as required by Federal and State regulations using portable computerized testing devices; takes action to remediate any issues detected.
- Responds to calls regarding stormwater issues, investigates issues, and coordinates remediation with Public Works, Water and Sewer departments; assists work crews as necessary.
- Operates and maintains street sweeping activities/duties to maintain the cleanliness of city streets and stormwater structures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Stormwater Technician I: High school diploma or equivalent required, a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience required, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job; valid State of Georgia Driver’s License; must possess, or obtain within 12 months of hire, valid Georgia Water Distribution Operator certification.
How to apply:
Complete a City of Stockbridge job application at www.cityofstockbridge.com
Upload the application indicating the position you are applying for. For further
information contact the Human Resources Office, (770-389-7900) at 4640 North Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281. Closing date for accepting applications and resumes will be open until October 15,2021.
Salary Range: Stormwater Technician 1 - $14.88 - $18.97/hr., based on experience.