This person in this position will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive Main Street Revitalization Plan for the Downtown District based on the Main Street Program Four-Point Approach: Organization, Promotion, Economic Restructuring and Design. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Economic Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the distribution of information regarding programs, services, activities, issues, policies and procedures;
- Ensures compliance of local Main Street Program with the State program office;
- Recruits volunteers to assist with the implementing Four Point Main Street Strategy;
- Staffs Main Street Committees;
- Implements marketing strategies that will encourage business development and retain existing businesses;
- Develop, in conjunction with Main Street Douglasville and the Douglasville Downtown Development Authority and other applicable external stakeholder groups, strategies for downtown development utilizing the National Main Street approach to downtown district revitalization;
- Serves as liaison between the City and downtown property and business owners and various other applicable downtown stakeholder groups;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with downtown business and property owners, local officials, board of realtors, etc.
- Coordinates special events and fundraisers relating to Main Street Douglasville; coordinates the development of funding sources for these events; assists with the planning and development of funding for other events as directed;
- Encourages membership, sponsorship and fundraising related to Main Street Douglasville;
- Develop and conduct ongoing public awareness and education programs designed to enhance appreciation of downtown’s assets;
- Through social media, speaking engagements, media interviews and appearances, keep the Main Street program highly visible;
- Assist individual tenants and/or property owners with physical improvement projects; provide guidance on necessary financial mechanisms and applicable guidelines and regulations;
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Economic Development, Historic Preservation, Marketing, Tourism, Business Administration or related field; two (2) years of professional experience in Planning, Economic Development, Marketing, Tourism, Business Administration or related field; experience in the Main Street Program desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Federal and State Main Street Program principles and goals;
- Knowledge of general business principles;
- Knowledge of funding resources and additional financial incentives available to the Main Street Program;
- Knowledge of economic development and business retention and recruitment;
- Knowledge of the City’s operations, zoning ordinances and land use plans;
- Skill in dealing with large-scale financial transactions;
- Skill in dealing with both public and private enterprises;
- Skill in operating modern office equipment;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to network and develop relationships with real estate and site selection
- Ability to research, compose and submit grant applications with respect to the Main Street Program;
- Ability to schedule, organize, and execute assigned tasks and understand and follow oral and written instructions; and
- Ability to accurately record and transfer data from one source to another, and maintain strict confidentiality.
The work requires the incumbent to sit at desk with intermittent standing, walking, or occasionally lifting objects.
The incumbent works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
Email LaTonya Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.