The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
City of Washington
JOB OPENING: MAINTENANCE SHOP MANAGER
STARTING: $19.89/HR. This position is responsible for supervising and participating in the mechanical repair and maintenance of city vehicles and equipment as well as the fleet shop operations.
• Supervises and oversees repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Prioritizes vehicle and equipment repairs; assigns work to shop staff.
• Diagnoses vehicle and equipment malfunctions; supervises and/or performs needed repairs.
• Communicates with city departments regarding repair costs, downtime and other issues related to the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Implements preventative maintenance schedules and maintenance inspection schedules.
• Researches and acquires needed parts and supplies.
• Performs field repairs as needed.
• Manages parts and supplies inventory in software system.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Certified Mechanic preferred.
Applications available at City Hall and www.cityofwashingtonga.gov.
To apply by mail: City Administrator, P.O. Box 9, Washington, GA 30673
To apply via email: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply in person: Dropoff at City Hall, 102 E. Liberty Street Washington, GA 30673
Deadline for submission is October 15, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.