The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
|Manchester Fire Department JOB VACANCY
POSITION: TRAINEE FIREFIGHTER – Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: FIRE RESCUE
REPORTS TO: Captain
The purpose of this job is to protect lives and property being endangered by fire and other emergency situations, such as auto accidents and hazardous material spills/leaks. Duties include, but are not limited to: suppressing fires, aiding victims, controlling crowds and traffic, performing EMS and preventative maintenance, and performing other responsibilities as assigned by the officer in charge. This classification has no supervisory responsibilities.
The following duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. In order to qualify, applicants should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
• Suppress structural fires, brush fires, and fires in vehicles utilizing firefighting techniques gained through formal training.
• Aid victims involved in fires and other hazardous situations.
• Supervise the initial set-up and plan of attack at the scene of a fire until a superior officer arrives.
• Respond to auto accident reports and assist emergency medical and law enforcement personnel.
• Extricate victims entrapped in a motor vehicle as part of a team, utilizing given stabilization and extrication tools, so that the vehicle is stabilized, the victim can be disentangled without undue further injury, and hazards are managed.
• Assist with the search for missing persons.
• Perform support activities at fire scene such as operating the pumper and/or tanker.
• Perform crowd and traffic control procedures.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all firefighting equipment.
• Complete and file necessary paperwork.
• Drive and operate apparatus.
• Perform maintenance and housekeeping functions at the station.
• Perform other duties as required.
Required education and experience: High School Diploma (or GED) required.
1. Live within close proximity of Manchester Ga for response resources (preferred).
Special Requirements: Valid Georgia Driver’s License; ability to drive and operate the department’s assigned vehicles and equipment.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS:
Applicants must pass a physical, drug screen, and criminal background check prior to employment.
Applications are available upon request
Send résumé, three (3) references, and completed application to:
Manchester Fire Department
234 W. Perry Street
PO Box 366
Manchester, Georgia 31816
Manchester City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.