The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Starting Salary: $19.98/hr.
· Constructs, repairs and maintains underground and overhead electrical distribution lines.
· Constructs, repairs and maintains underground and overhead Telecommunication System.
· Trims trees around energized electrical power lines.
· Installs poles, anchors, guys, wood arms, fiberglass arms and insulators.
· Troubleshoots problems; locates short circuits, grounds and other sources of power failure; makes repairs.
· Drives and operates a bucket and digger derrick truck to install transformers, poles, and guy rods.
· Operates trenchers, jack hammers, air compressors, hand tools, grounding cables, climbing gear, blocks, ropes, metering devices, and other specialized equipment.
· Reads and interprets electrical schematics of systems and diagrams, maps and blueprints.
· Responds to after-hours emergencies.
· Works on energized electrical power lines in a variety of weather conditions.
· Works at heights greater than ten feet to install equipment or connectors; climbs poles and ladders.
· Excavates and installs underground utilities; utilizes equipment to locate underground faults and utilities.
· Repairs and maintains streetlights.
· Turns customer services on and off as directed.
· Installs holiday and other special decorations.
The City of Sandersville offers a wide variety of benefits including:
→ Individual & Family Health and dental Insurance plans. → Insurance Buy Out Program
→ Deferred Compensation Plan with City match. → 11 Paid Holidays per year
→ City funded Pension Retirement plan, required 5 yrs vested service → $25,000 Life Ins policy; double accidental
→ Supplemental insurance policies available: Vision, long-term disability policies, and flexible spending account
→ Vacation days are provided to as follows; after 6 months of service 40 hours; after one years of service 80 hours; 5
years- 96 hours; 10 years-120 hours and over 15 years -160 hours and Sick leave is provided at the rate of 8 hours