Position: Finance Director (FT) Department: Finance
Salary: $72,266-$86,719 DOQ FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: September 14, 2020 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for administering the County’s financial operations.
- Compiles, analyzes, prepares, and presents reports to the Board of Commissioners and/or County Manager.
- Manages annual audit including preparing year end journal entries, providing analytical information, and coordinating with County personnel and external auditing firm.
- Manages the preparation of the County’s annual operating and capital budget.
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger and budgetary information.
- Drafts resolutions and ordinances for consideration by the Board of Commissioners.
- Supervises the work of assigned office personnel involved in bookkeeping, budgeting, purchasing, and general accounting.
- Serves as department representative at citizen forums and on special committees and task forces.
- Attends department and Commission meetings to gather information and make recommendations to the County Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, such as a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and function of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in finance.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Completion and/or ability to obtain Local Finance Officer Level 1 certification.
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive computer skills to include familiarity with accounting software.
- 5+ years of local government finance work experience; including Budgeting.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience or leading teams
- Strong understanding of GAAP and GASB standards
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screening prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and online application through the County’s website (https://www.habershamga.com/jobs). Application materials may also be submitted through e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail or you may hand-deliver hard copy application materials to Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 (across from the Ruby Fulbright Recreation & Aquatic Center) in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.