The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The employee must have the ability to learn and perform a wide variety of engineering tasks related to water and sewer drawings, GIS mapping, surveying, SCADA systems, field inspections, and water quality monitoring/operation. Employee is to have the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and implement technology to tackle complex technical problems.
The individual must be highly responsible and detail oriented with high ethical standards, being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the Authority. The Engineering Technician must also deal tactfully and courteously with the public, developers, engineers, contractors, and elected officials providing complex, technical administrative support to the Senior Engineer.
The employee shall:
· Possess a working knowledge of “AutoCad” products related to Civil Engineering
· Possess a working knowledge of GIS based information systems
· Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
· Be proficient at reading construction drawings
· Have the ability to perform construction inspections as required
· Work under the direction of the Senior Engineer
· Perform related duties as may be required from time to time
· Work with staff to identify and implement software and technology
· Be willing to learn and execute a wide variety of water industry tasks
· Assist the Senior Engineer in fieldwork operations including hydrant flow testing, land surveying, water/sewer facility locating and measurement, general water/sewer repairs and/or adjustments, etc. as required.
· Maintain and improve water and sewer system computer models as requested by the Senior Engineer
The employee shall possess:
· A High School Diploma
· A minimum two (2) year degree or 5 years of water industry or civil engineering related experience with a demonstrated proficiency with computers and software
· At least one (1) year experience in “AutoCad” or GIS based systems or information technology
· Georgia Drivers License with a clean driving record
· The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Work will be divided between the office and field. Extended periods of sitting or walking will be required. Infrequently, sufficient physical strength may be required to move up to fifty (50) pounds including mobility necessary to use stairs and ladders.p >