Salary: $14.78 per hour
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
This position is responsible for the daily customer service of the department along with the maintenance and retention of all files, records, contracts, and agreements.
Essential Job Duties
- Enters and retrieves data from a variety of computerized databases, including GCIC/NCIC database.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Processes citations.
- Processes open records requests.
- Prepares asset forfeiture documents for civil action filings.
- Runs criminal histories and prepares related reports.
- Maintains jail records.
- Collects fees, balances cash drawer, and prepares deposits.
- Processes alcohol, soliciting, massage therapy, taxi, and other permits.
- Maintains impound vehicle records.
- Purchases and maintains office supplies.
- Collects, sorts, and distributes mail.
- Maintains and updates emergency contact list.
- Prepares and updates a variety of regular and special reports.
- Overtly displays a positive attitude that sincerely supports and encourages the betterment of the City of Acworth, the citizenry, city officials, supervision, counterparts, and subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge required by the position
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of records and retention management guidelines.
- Knowledge GCIC/NCIC policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of open records laws.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in providing customer services.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such common office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Administrative Coordinator assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures, GCIC/ NCIC regulations, state open records laws, and state records retention guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity/scope of work
- The work consists of related technical and customer service duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to perform technical duties in the maintenance and processing of department records. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other city employees, representatives of other law enforcement agencies, court personnel, attorneys, insurance company representatives, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
Physical demands/work environment
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *