Department: Parks and Recreation
Salary : $12.94 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for the custodial care and regular maintenance of city buildings.
Essential Job Duties
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles; replaces liners.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms; restocks restroom supplies.
- Cleans lobbies, offices, hallways, etc.
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, blinds, and window sills.
- Sets up rooms for meetings.
- Washes windows, walls, and baseboards.
- Maintains supply inventory; stocks cleaning cart.
- Reports repair needs to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with other parks and recreation facilities maintenance as needed, including performing grounds maintenance activities.
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge required by the position
- Knowledge of city safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the use of various cleaning chemicals.
- Skill in operating such cleaning equipment as a vacuum cleaner.
- Skill in following instructions.
- Skill in prioritizing work.
The Parks Operations Manager assigns work in terms of somewhat specific instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines includes safety guidelines and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity/scope of work
- The work consists of related custodial duties. The necessity of working around the public contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to participate in the custodial maintenance of city buildings. Successful performance contributes to the provision of clean and attractive facilities for city employees, residents, and visitors.
- Contacts are typically with coworkers, other city employees, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services.
Physical demands/work environment
- The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in city buildings. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt and irritating chemicals. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *