The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
JOB SUMMARY - FULL TIME
This position is responsible for the operation of various types of equipment, maintenance and grounds keeping of all properties and accomplishment of assigned tasks.
· Participates in the maintenance of city buildings.
· Participates in the maintenance of city parks and grounds.
· Assists in the maintenance of department vehicles, tools and equipment.
· May be required to work overtime or subject to recall to duty in case of emergency.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Knowledge of grounds maintenance principles and practices,
· Knowledge of building maintenance principles and practices.
· Knowledge of safe work practices.
· Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations and safe operation of equipment.
· Skill in operating a variety of building and grounds maintenance equipment.
· Skill in operating hand and power tools.
· Skill in the repair and maintenance of a variety of tools and equipment.
· Ability to read and write.
· Ability to take and follow directions from supervisor.
· Ability to perform strenuous and routine work.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
· The work consists of related building and grounds maintenance duties. Inclement weather
contributes to the complexity of the position.
· The purpose of this position is for the upkeep and maintenance of the road areas in the city.
· Contacts are typically with co-workers, other city personnel, vendors, and the general public.
· Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
· The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching or walking. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
· The work may be performed indoors or outdoors, and occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Work in high noise environments and under adverse weather conditions.
· Climb ladders and work in elevations of fifty (50) feet.
· Work in areas where chemicals are used and near moving mechanical parts.
· Materials and equipment used:
Pickup Truck Lug Wrench Various Hand Tools Gauges
Pull Rod Two Way Radio Power Tools Excavator
Loaders Testing Meters Mowing Machines Data Loggers Computer
· High School Diploma or GED
· One -three years’ experience in a related field.
· Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the minimum level of
qualifications as stated above.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Must have and maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
· Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, incumbents will be subject to random drug
Based on level of qualifications and experiencep >