The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Economic Development Manager
The City of Suwanee is seeking an Economic Development Manager with strong
business acumen to promote sustainable development. This manager works with
the Assistant City Manager to engage developers and investors in order to bring
new business and encourage existing business expansion in the City.
• Responsible for development and implementation of strategies to attract
businesses to the entire city.
• Manages all Downtown Development Authority functions, including
strategic planning, meeting management and report preparation. Serves as
“Executive Director” to a seven (7) member Downtown Development
• Communicates both in writing and verbally with other professionals on
highly technical, sensitive, and complex topics.
• Develops and maintains an inventory of downtown businesses; markets
• Assists tenants and property owners; meets with prospective clients.
• Collects and analyzes statistics on downtown and other areas.
• Prepares and delivers reports to the City Council, management team, and
• Represents the city on various boards, commissions, and special task
forces related to economic development.
• Coordinates strategies and processes with the Planning Department
related to downtown and other city economic development initiatives.
• Identifies resource needs; fundraises and prepares grant applications
• Frequently performs related Department duties. Such duties include, but
are not limited to, providing direct work support and assistance to other
team members in the Economic Development Department. Examples
include event-related activities, student leadership program management,
public communication and information assignments, etc.
• Must be willing to travel and able to manage a rigorous work schedule.
• Ability to think strategically as well as tactically as it relates to planning,
economic development, and other related areas.
• Ability to clearly articulate City of Suwanee vision and initiatives.
• Ability to coordinate and secure buy-in from internal and external
• Comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers.
• Ability to keenly track economic and industry activity and understand its
implications on businesses including potential new business
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of experience in marketing, planning, economic development,
field sales, real estate, business development, or other similar activity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident, tenacious, energetic, and well-presented.
• Ability to think across disciplines and creatively about the challenges of
• Highly organized, eye for detail, able to prioritize and work within an
• Collaborative working style, a good listener, empathetic.
• If you perform well in an entrepreneurial culture, meaning you find
getting on-boarded is rather intuitive, handle internal change with little
hand-holding, and you are a person who does not need internal coaches to
up-skill you on lead generation and sales process and systems, thrives in a
team environment and can figure these things out on your own, then this
is the job for you.
Salary range for this position is $53028.40 to $82,194.01 + benefits including
health insurance, defined benefit retirement, and other customary benefits.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources,
330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024. Due to the volume of resumes
anticipated; only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. An
application will be requested at that time.
Position open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace