The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Cochran Police Department
Jeffrey F. Trawick
Chief of Police
102 N. Second Street
Cochran, Georgia 31014
Phone: 478.934.4282 FAX: 478.934.3232
Job Announcement: Police Officer – Patrol Division (Full-Time)
Under general supervision the Police officer is expected to perform field duties relating to response to emergencies, general and directed patrol, investigation of crimes and other incidents, traffic enforcement and control, assisting in crime prevention activities, and other law enforcement services and duties as required. A significant degree of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion is required of incumbents to develop, maintain, and successfully perform tasks in a community oriented, problem solving approach to policing. The City of Cochran offers many training opportunities and a competitive benefits package.
• High School diploma, Associates Degree is preferred but not mandatory.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
• No Felony convictions and no serious misdemeanor convictions.
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• Must meet/pass department’s background requirements.
• Must pass a fit for duty physical and drug screen.
• Work evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or rotating shifts as required.
• POST certification must be “Current and In Good Standing”.
Starting salary $16.78/Hr.
Please contact the City of Cochran, Human Resources Department for more information or visit us on-line www.cityofcochran.com
The position is open until filled.