Under administrative direction of the City Administrator, plans, directs, manages, and oversees the functions, programs, and operations of the Technology Services Department including all data processing, hardware and software development, network and systems operations, virtual and cloud technologies, mobile device management, telecommunications, and audio visual systems; establishes and directs the long term goals, policies, and procedures for the department; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Administrator. This position is responsible for managing the City’s information technology systems, including all aspects of systems development, operations and maintenance for the City’s workstations, servers, telecommunications systems, networks and storage systems. The Technology Services Director leads efforts to ensure the network and server systems hardware, operating systems, software systems and all related implementation, maintenance and operations procedures comply with the organizational standards and polices. The Technology Services Director will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of technology services investments. The Technology Services Director will document, manage, and maintain the City’s environment for both internal and external server infrastructure, as well as design and execute upgrades and new implementations. This position is classified as essential and may require after hours work for maintenance or emergency issues.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Certification or candidate status as a Certified Government Chief Information Officer is highly preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire, membership in Georgia GMIS.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CompTIA A+, and Network + are highly preferred.
- As a condition of employment, the employee will be required to obtain and maintain job related licenses and certifications as specified annually.The employee will be provided a reasonable timeframe to obtain licenses and certification.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, business administration or a related field. A Master’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Two years of progressively responsible related experience; local government experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years of progressively increasing levels of management responsibility and management experience in information management systems, local area computer networks, virtual and cloud technologies, mobile device management, telephone systems, voice, video, and data telecommunication systems, internet and intranet systems and information systems support.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtained legal work status.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to pass a credit check.
Addendum For the Technology Services Director Job Application:
To be considered for the Technology Services Director open position, you must complete the following below:
- Complete the Online Job Application
- Upload Resume to your online job application
- Upload Cover Letter to your online job application. (position is open until filled)
Full-Time regular employees are eligible for the City's benefit package.
City Benefits Include:
- Dental – 100% paid by the City for Single Employee
- Wellness Rewards Program-Medical Participant
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability - 100% paid by the City
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid by the City
- Basic Life Insurance – 100% paid by the City
- Dependent Life Insurance- 100% paid by the City
- Supplemental Life, Spousal, Child(ren), Accident, and Illness
- 457 (b) and 401(a) Retirement Plan with Nationwide Insurance
Paid Time Off:
- 9 Paid Annual Holidays
- 84 Hours of annual vacation leave
- 72 Hours of annual sick leave