Job Title: Deputy City Clerk
Reporting To: City Clerk
Department: General Administration
Job Type: Full-Time
FSLA Status: Exempt
Location: Baldwin, GA
Under direction of the City Clerk, this position works alongside the City Clerk and acts as City Clerk in their absence. They require highly skilled clerical, secretarial, computer, and public relations responsibilities. Confidentiality is required. Must be able to use independent judgment, work efficiently with minimal supervision, and use discretion in implementing assignments as well as responding to requests for information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates effectively; both orally and in writing with customers, co-workers, and others, providing feedback and strong problem solving.
- Ability to brainstorm with others, collaborates well on team projects.
- Directly interact with customers (in person, by phone or e-mail), responding to citizens questions, concerns or Open Records Requests
- Records details of every action taken; such as complaints, comments and inquiries from customers, and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Works effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Assists in annual financial audit and water audit preparation.
- Provides administrative support to City Clerk, Mayor and Council
- Attends all city council meetings. Record and prepare minutes and ensure meetings are properly documented.
- Prepare Council Agenda and Packets for all council meetings.
- Ensures all public notices are properly prepared and published according to the Open Meetings Act.
- Record retention schedule enforcement across departments.
- Maintains City Seal.
- Serves as City Clerk in their absence.
- Maintain and Update City Website Pages.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Suite) for data entry, email and document preparation.
- Clerical work including, but not limited to, typing, filing and organizing, record keeping and basic math functions.
- Completes work and projects in a thorough and timely manner with strong accuracy with attention to detail. Understand and follows directions from supervisor, as well as city administration.
- Reliable with punctual attendance and professional manner.
- Provide support for other customer service and administrative positions as needed
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion in city business.
- Performs other work-related tasks, as assigned.
- High School Graduate, GED or Equivalent/ Relevant Work Experience
- Working knowledge of city and state regulations on public records, meetings, etc.
- Operation of 10-key by touch preferred
- Strong and Effective Customer Service Skills
- Intermediate-Level Microsoft Suite Proficiency
- Strong reading and written/verbal/ e-mail communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all work areas, including cash receipts and monetary transactions
- Pass Background Check
- Pass Drug Test
- Ability to Travel for Work
Based on Experience
*All Applicants are considered for any position with the City of Baldwin regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or genetic information.