City of South Fulton
Provides coordination for a wide range of human resources functions in support of departmental operations, such as maintaining personnel files and records; compiling, verifying, and correcting data; and preparing and distributing personnel-related correspondence, recruitment, and HR projects. This position will spend a significant amount of time on recruitment activities, including scheduling interviews, reviewing applications and resumes, facilitating interviews, preparing offer letters and background check materials, and acting as a liaison between applicants and hiring managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position, as necessary.
- Leads new employee orientation; ensures that state and federal mandates are complied with in new hire orientation; and serves as liaison to other trainers and departments.
- Recruits new employees; posts job openings and notices in print, web sites, etc.; attends job fairs.
- Receives, sorts through, and screens applications; coordinates interview process; assists in interviewing candidates as requested; conducts pre-employment screening of selected candidates; checks references and verifies employment; runs background and records checks; compiles information and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains the HR recruitment calendar (schedule meetings, interviews, HR events, etc.).
- Follows employee’s progress within their department for 30,60, and 90-day process (training, morale, and resources needed to perform their job).
- Maintains records of human resources-related data in both hard and electronic filing systems, ensuring all records meet compliance.
- Organizes, maintains, generates reports, and updates employee information as needed in HRIS.
- Responds to internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests as directed.
- Communicates Human Resources rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes human resources-related correspondence as directed by Human Resources Management.
- Confers with supervisor to obtain direction regarding work assignments and priorities; organizes tasks to complete assigned work; monitors the status of work in progress and inspects completed work; assists with complex/problem situations and provides technical expertise.
- Assists with human resources programs such as employee appreciation programs, wellness programs, safety programs; compiles, and/or monitors data about department operations; summarizes data, performs routine data analysis, and prepares reports; conducts research of department files, database records, electronic data sources, Internet sites, hardcopy materials, or other sources as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor, other employees, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review the status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Compiles data, performs mathematical calculations, and audits data as needed (turnover, days to hire, etc.).
- Manages HR Administration duties such as employment verification, requisitions, and supplies, and operates as 1st point of contact.
- Complete assigned HR projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field; supplemented by three (3) years of experience in human resources, business administration, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
SHRM or PHR Certification preferred.
If interested, please apply at www.cityofsouthfultonga.gov