Under the immediate supervision of the Asst. City Engineer, the newly created Engineering Inspector for Site Development will function as a key team member within the recently established Engineering Department. This department was created to provide an additional level of technical knowledge and oversight to help ensure that growth and development within the City of Winder is appropriately managed and monitored.
Primarily ensures compliance with the City's development regulations, municipal codes, zoning ordinances and State/Federal regulations by conducting regular site inspections and documenting observations in standardized reports. Typical site inspections include the monitoring of soil erosion, sedimentation & pollution control best management practices, stormwater control measures, tree protection requirements, Flood Damage Prevention requirements, Flood Plain regulations, and parking regulations. Duties may also include the inspection of the installation of public infrastructure such as roadway related systems, multi-use and landscaping. This new position will provide a great opportunity to experience challenging and diverse work, within an environment that actively promotes professional growth and advancement.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Primarily conducts field inspections of residential and commercial construction sites to ensure compliance with sire development related City, State and Federal regulations; develops and maintains associated inspection records.
- Investigates possible violations of site development related regulations, determines if corrective actions are required, and ensures that noted deficiencies or violations are properly addressed and documented.
- Receives, evaluates, and investigates site development related complaints.
- Issues construction Stop Work Orders, when applicable.
- Conducts final site inspections to certify conformance with approved plans prior to the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy.
- Assists with ensuring all required site development close-out documents are submitted, including items such as as-built surveys, certifications, and recorded easements.
- May assist Engineering Inspector (Civil) conduct field inspections of the installation of public infrastructure including roadways, sidewalks, storm drainage systems, multi-use trails, and landscaping.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of City and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of site development related City, State and Federal ordinances, codes, laws, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- General knowledge of accepted surveying, engineering, and construction practices.
- Skilled in using independent judgment and discretion.
- Skilled in prioritizing and scheduling assignments.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with contractors, developers, the general public, and member of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Skilled in basic computer applications for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability and willingness to attend job related technical training provided by entities such as the Georgia Dept. of Transportation.
- Ability to create and maintain routine records.
- Ability to utilize City permitting and inspections software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to operate City vehicles.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Required a valid State of Georgia Driver's License and must maintain a good driving record.
- Georgia Soil & Water Conservation Commission Level B Inspector Certification or the ability to obtain certification within three (3) months of hiring.
- Assocaite's degree or two (2) years related experience or equivalent combinations of education, training, and experience to meet the required duties and responsibilities for this position.
City Health Insurance Benefits Included:
- Health Insurance - Cigna H.S.A
- Dental - Cigna
- Dental - 100% paid by the City for Single Employee
- Vision - Cigna
- Short Term Disability - Aflac - 100% City Paid
- Long Term Disability - Aflac - 100% City Paid
- Basic Life - Aflac - 2.5 Times Base Annual Income City Paid
- Dependent Life - Aflac - $5,000 for eligible spouse and $2,500 for each eligible child City Paid
- Voluntary Life - Aflac
- Group Accident - Aflac
- Group Cancer - Aflac
- Group Critical Illness - Aflac
- Wellness Rewards Program - Medical Participant
- Donating Sick Leave
- Education Assistance Program
- EAP Program (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401(a) Retirement Plan: City 3% Contribution at 90 days of service
- 457(b) Retirement Plan: City Matching sat 90 days of service up to 3% if employee enrolls and contributes at least 3%