The Purchasing Specialist assists the Procurement Manager in daily tasks, including but not limited to participating in the processing of a variety of accounts payable documentation. Receives, reviews, verifies, and modifies invoices, purchase orders, requests for payment, refunds, sales taxes, travel reimbursements, etc. for accuracy, completeness, and proper authorization; processes check runs; performs inquiries for departments regarding paid invoices, vendors, checks, and other issues. Assist with purchasing goods and services for departments, processing requisitions, preparation of price quotes, vendor maintenance, open records requests, and other related duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all invoices have the required coding and approval by each department before payment is disbursed.
- Assist in the maintenance of the vendor, including the W9.
- Reconcile invoices and purchase orders, process invoices for payment, and prepare accounts payable checks.
- Review payments for proper authorization, adequate budget to pay and reasonable account coding; submits checks to vendors (by mail, ACH, or pickup)
- Upload ACH and positive pay file; files invoices and supporting documentation.
- Process requisitions for all items requiring a purchase order as defined in the City’s purchasing policy.
- Coordinates purchasing details with vendor and the Purchasing Department, including pricing revisions, order cancelation, and invoice discrepancies.
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered.
- Resolve problems and issues arising from purchase of services, equipment, and supplies.
- Supports the coordination of procurement activities - prepares, reviews, distributes, and/or files routine correspondence, memoranda, letters, and reports for the assigned team.
- Coordinates or assists with the preparation of solicitation documents, the posting of project advertisements, the coordination of meetings, the handling of bid openings, and the routing of contracts for execution/award as required by team members or supervisors.
- Handles all electronic correspondence effectively and timely.
- May coordinate calendar events to include planning/scheduling appointments, meetings, and interviews; update training calendar on a regular basis; contacts parties involved as appropriate.
- May prepare reports for team, division, or department.
- Communicates with supervisor, other City employees, vendors, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review the status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Associate degree in business administration, procurement, or related field with two (2) years' experience in account payables and purchasing; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Certification by the Georgia Department of Administrative Services or equivalent (e.g. Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate or Certified Public Purchasing Buyer) is preferred but optional.
May work an adjusted schedule for assisting in events occurring after 5:00 p.m., such as meetings or planned events.