Macon Bibb County Superior Court of Clerks' is seeking to fill the position of Real Estate Clerk. The Real Estate Clerk position is responsible for the entry of fees related to real estate transactions and the preservation of historical documents in the custody, care, and control of the Superior Court Clerk, as well as, the processing of the real estate plats, and various duties related to real estate documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prep all real estate instruments including checking for signatures, return addresses, location of property, recognizing and coding the type of instrument and calculating the correct amount of fees.
- Document any return including a cover letter for each instrument being returned.
- Enter the customers' name and payment, type of document, consideration amount on transfer taxes or intangible taxes for Macon-Bibb, PT-61 number, number of pages to be scanned, and maturity date.
- Enter book and page numbers to be references or cancelled; also enter the grantor and grantee, case number or ID number for fifas. Write the workgroup number on the workgroup form.
- If an amount due is to be billed, enter amount to be billed, print the receipt, and write the date billed, department being billed, receipt number, amount due in the logbook.
- Process cash and check payments.
- Verify intangible amounts due including penalty and interest.
- Print and put barcode labels on real estate instruments.
- Enter book and page number on PT-61 forms.
- Serve as back-up for daily real estate duties.
- Assist customers with inquiries and requests.
- Assist at front counter and front desk rotation
- Serve as custodian for the instruments received daily.
- Occasionally overtime may be required to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
High school or GED and some college with a minimum of (1) year in office experience or equivalent combination of education to provide knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to type 30 wpm and pass the skills test.
Macon Bibb County Government offers a generous benefits package to all regular full-time employees, as well as training and educational opportunities to enhance personal growth. We are an equal opportunity employer, join our Team! #Forwardtogether#HRTEAMMaconbibb