Macon Bibb County Government Recreation Department is seeking to fill the position of Community Center Coordinator II-Bloomfield/Gilead. The Center Coordinator II is responsible for assisting with supervising and conducting leisure activities at the assigned recreation center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in planning, organizing, and conducting the leisure activities at an assigned park.
- Monitors the use of all facilities at an assigned park.
- Directs volunteers and staff in specific programmatic actions.
- Demonstrates, organizes, teaches, and leads parks activities for all age groups.
- Assists with maintaining accurate records and preparing reports of center usage, issues, complaints, and other items relevant for documentation.
- Handles fees and charges for recreation activities and usage.
- Assures the maintenance and upkeep of the center facility.
- Insures that all safety procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Operates as the Center Director in his or her absence.
Education, Training and Experience:
College graduate with a bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation, or related field or High school graduate, or equivalent GED with two (2) years or more successful full-time working experience in parks/recreational programming or any equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the appointing authority. Must have valid Georgia Drivers License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the various age characteristics as they apply to individual parks/recreation interest.
- Knowledge of personal computers and basic programs.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, prepare reports, and handle money as applied.
- Ability to assist with the planning and administration of a park.
- Ability to work with groups of various sizes.
- Skills in conducting various parks/recreational activities.
- Skills in written and oral communications.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
Macon Bibb County Government offers a generous benefits package to all regular full-time employees, as well as training and educational opportunities to enhance personal growth. We are an equal opportunity employer, join our Team! #Forwardtogether#HRTEAMMaconbibb