The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures;
• Basic knowledge of municipal accounting administration;
• Effective written and oral communication skills;
• Skill in using a variety of computer programs and modern office equipment for administrative functions;
• Ability to organize data and compile clear, concise reports;
• Ability to operate a computerized accounting system;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, other Town personnel, vendors and the public.
Supervisory Controls: The work of this position is performed under the general supervision of the Finance manager.
Guidelines: Guidelines include municipal accounting principles and practices and Town ordinances, policies and procedures.
Complexity: The work consists of a variety of administrative and clerical duties.
Personal Contacts: Contacts are typically with vendors, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts: Contacts are typically to give and exchange information and provide services.
Physical Demands: This work is typically performed indoors with the employee sitting at a desk, with occasional bending and lifting.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an indoor office environment.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility: None.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required; one (1) year related experience preferred; valid State of Georgia driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record required; equivalent combination of education and experience.p >