The position of Accounting Manager is currently available in the Administrative Services Division. This position directs and manages accounting functions for the City of Bainbridge. This is a permanent, full-time exempt position. This is a Class 24 position with a starting salary of $82,489.42.
- Directs the work of department personnel (35%) - Supervises, directs, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; responds to employee grievances and concerns; disciplines staff as necessary. Coordinates work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors the status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff to assist with complex problems and to provide technical expertise. Maintains employee time and attendance records; coordinates vacation; enters and submits payroll data.
- Prepares a variety of regular and special reports (20%) - Prepares and disburses monthly financial statements to department and division directors for the City and departments. Prepares year-end financial statements for the City and Recreation Department. Conducts research and prepares reports as directed by the Administrative Services Director and the City Manager.
- Performs financial management and accounting duties (35%) - Works with the City Manager and Division Directors to prepare the annual budget. Performs general accounting tasks such as approving and preparing journal entries. Reviews account for accuracy. Maintains fixed asset records and records depreciation for fixed assets. Responsible for long-term debt accounting. Maintains and monitors cash accounts. Maintains spreadsheets to monitor revenue generated by services provided. Bills for items or services as needed.
- Performs related duties. (10%)
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board guidelines.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of personnel management principles.
- Knowledge of city codes and ordinances and other applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and finance.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data and preparing reports.
- Skill in performing advanced mathematical calculations.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skills in management and supervision.
- Skills in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
Required Minimum qualifications:
Baccalaureate Degree in a related field with more than 3 years of work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the minimum level of qualifications stated herein. Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check, have a valid driver’s license, and the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 101 S. Broad Street or resumes can be emailed to email@example.com.
THE CITY OF BAINBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.