Pierce County Board of Commissioners is currently seeking a Finance Director. This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $51,950 to $62,000.
The Finance Director will oversee financial operations to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate operations for the Pierce County Board of Commissioners. Specific responsibilities include provision of accounting, financial services, internal audits, purchasing, and budget management.
The following duties are normal for this position. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Oversees, directs, and participates in major financial activities for the County, including finance, investment, cash management, budgeting, and accounting.
- Participates in the development and administration of annual operating budgets; prepares revenue forecasts to inform decision-making; monitors expenditures to ensure cost-effective utilization of funding; integrates the need for additional funds for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs and implements adjustments.
- Oversees the operation of the accounting system via the chart of accounts and the development and review of accounting procedures.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Reconciles balance sheets, general ledger, cash, payroll accounts, and supporting journal entries.
- Supervises and trains the activities of the purchasing clerk.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements; coordinates with departments to determine County needs and requirements for contractual services.
- Administers the government procurement function via policy and analysis.
- Advises the Board of Commissioners and County Manager on financial issues; develops ordinances and policies for County-wide implementation.
- Oversees the operation of the internal auditing system.
- Assists external auditors by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and providing necessary documents and information.
Minimum of three years of experience in a professional accounting position.
Possession of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Preference will be given to applicants who are Certified Public Accountants.
Fluency in Mocrosoft Office, with a focus on Microsoft Excel and spreadsheets.
Possession of a valid Georgia driver's license.