The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
While reporting to the Assistant Chief Financial Officer, this position has the responsibility of performing clerical, cashiering, and accounting administrative support assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Processes payroll and prepares necessary payroll reports as needed.
• Prepares distribution requests for after payroll vendor’s payables as needed.
• Generates financial reports to be utilized by staff.
• Works as needed in the revenue room to process and reconcile daily cash fares.
• Updates various ledgers for review by manager
• Research accounting problems and discrepancies; inform management of results.
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance/Accounting Department.
• Assists in month end closing.
• Organizes and maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with CAT’s policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Assists with department record keeping, record retention requirements and other special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
• Responsible for reviewing and complying with all CAT policies, procedures, and directives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The preferred candidate will possess an associate degree in a related field or have one to three years accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll experience. Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of billing and cash receipts functions in an electronic environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic computer skills and word processing.
• Good mathematical background.
• Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
• Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
• Excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills.
• Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and energetically approach tasks assigned.
• Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
• Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AND NOTIFICATIONS:
Chatham Area Transit Authority is a public transit service provider governed by the requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Due to the nature of some work performed at the CAT some jobs are classified as ‘Safety Sensitive’ and are subject to random testing for drug and alcohol use. All offers for employment are required to undergo pre-employment and possible random drug testing. If test shows a positive result your application for employment will be
rejected, or if hired, employment may be terminated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Please contact Alisa Anderson (Recruiter) if you have any questions. 912-629-3932.**p >