The purpose of this classification is to manage/coordinate the centralized acquisition of goods/services in support of City departments and agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates with all departments to facilitate the issuance of requests for bids, requests for quotes, and requests for information.
- Assists with the development of scopes of work and prepares final document.
- Arranges for advertising.
- Conduct pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences and bid openings.
- Facilitates pre-bid conferences as necessary.
- Prepare and analyze competitive sealed bids, competitive sealed proposals, requests for quotations, and requests for statements of qualifications.
- Conducts opening of bids and records results.
- Coordinates with all departments to review all contracts.
- Consults with City Attorney as necessary.
- Obtains appropriate signature(s) prior to issuance of contracts.
- Collect and maintain a master file of all active City contracts.
- Seeks to consolidate contracts issued by multiple departments when advantageous to the City.
- Procure or assist with the timely procurement of all goods, supplies, and services needed, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Issue purchase orders and change orders in accordance with applicable policies and ordinances.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and procurement policies and procedures by reviewing and monitoring procurements conducted by any designee, department, agency or official.
- Maintain the integrity of the public procurement process.
- Recommend policies regarding the procurement of goods, supplies, and services.
- Ensure purchasing practices are consistent, open, and designed to encourage maximum competition and best value procurements.
- Research market sources and vendors to locate and ensure most cost effective and competitive pricing for the purchase of supplies and services.
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Law, Finance, Public Administration, Purchasing, or closely related field; supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years previous experience and/or training that includes governmental purchasing, procurement, contract administration, supervision, and personal computer operations. E.O.E.
The work is sedentary which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Mental Acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
Work is performed without exposure to adverse environmental condition, however some field work with exposure to minor environment conditions may be a function of assignment.