The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
City of Duluth, Georgia
JOB TITLE BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
STATUS Full-Time, with full benefit package
STARTING PAY $17.31 - $19.13 per hour (Grade 18), depending on qualifications
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION & JOB DUTIES
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining Police Department buildings, facilities, and equipment; including maintenance of specialty floor surfaces including marble, granite, ceramic, and copper floor inserts. Duties also include following a routine cleaning schedule including removing trash, dusting, cleaning restrooms and kitchen/break areas, washing windows, restocking supplies, changing filters on HVAC equipment, running errands, picking up and delivering supplies, keeping accurate cleaning and supply logs/reports, following national and state flag flying protocols, performing routine building maintenance as directed, and attending scheduled training classes. This position will also supervise inmate laborers. This position is classified as skilled, manual work which is performed alone or as part of a crew.
• Possess a high School diploma, state-issued GED, or equivalent
• Possess a valid Class C, Georgia Driver's License is required within 30 days of hire, and maintain it throughout employment
• Possess an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
• Pass a rigid and thorough personal, work experience, and qualification background investigation, which includes: medical exam, physical agility exam, drug screening test, polygraph examination, verification of all credentials and qualifications (personal references, previous employment, education, training, etc.), and interviews.
• Previous work experience in custodial duties in an office environment, experience with professional cleaning supplies, and documented training in specialty floor surfaces cleaning is required
• Must be willing to work various hours, and various days of the week, including weekends, nights, and holidays as needed
• Must be able to work independently without close supervision
• Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation
• Submit a completed job application to:
Major Mark Hunter
Duluth Police Department
3276 Buford Highway
Duluth, GA 30096
• Call 678-512-3710 with any questions.
• Applications and complete job descriptions available on the City website (www.duluthga.net/jobs)
• A fully completed job application is required
• Position posted 2/23/2021 and open until filled; may close without notice
The City of Duluth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City will conform with all applicable local, state, and federal laws concerning employment and will not illegally discriminate with regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information or other legally protected status or classification, except where mandated or permitted by law as a bona fide occupational qualification.
It is the policy of the City of Duluth to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer and other terms and conditions of employment.
The City of Duluth, in compliance with the Federal law, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.p >