This is a full-time position and receives all benefits afforded to regular employees.
Summary: The County Clerk will serve as the custodian of the official records of the Glynn County Board of Commissioners, to manage the County’s records management systems, and to provide administrative support to the Board of Commissioners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages, implements, and maintains County’s record management systems.
- Identifies, catalogues, and preserves records and documents for permanent records;
- Retains or destroys records in accordance with records retention laws and ordinances.
- Serves as official custodian of the records, contracts, and minutes of the Glynn County Board of Commissioners.
- Maintains custody of code of ordinances, contracts, agreements, and other official documentation.
- Publishes notices/records and responds to open records requests as required by law.
- Responds to requests for information from citizens; performs research and prepares verbal/written responses to requests.
- Plans and prepares for Board of Commissioners meetings, including regular monthly meetings, budget hearings, committee meetings, etc.
- Prepares and distributes agendas and meeting packets.
- Publishes public meeting notices in appropriate media.
- Briefs Commissioners on pending agenda items and other County issues; coordinates communication between Board and other elected officials and County employees regarding meetings and agenda items.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Commissioners, including regular monthly meetings, budget hearings, committee meetings, etc.
- Advises Board regarding parliamentary procedures and protocols.
- Takes minutes at all meetings.
- Ensures accurate transcription for the permanent records.
- Prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Serves as custodian of the County seal.
- Prepares documents for and attests to signature.
- Certifies Board approval; publishes Board actions and minutes as required.
- Prepares resolutions, ordinances and proclamations and other items for presentation to the Board; tracks items through the legislative process; issues written determinations and approvals as needed.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Assists the Board with boards, committees, authorities and other appointed positions.
- Provides assistance and information related to Board activities, county records, procedures, or other issues to media outlets, elected officials, County employees and citizens.
- Performs other administrative duties related to Board activities.
- Drafts and finalizes various documents.
- Advises Commissioners of mandatory training and makes travel plans to attend.
- Accepts petitions filed by citizens.
- Publishes documents to County website.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor's degree in management, public administration, or a related field with three years of local government administrative experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Two years of supervisory experience is required. Must meet all state mandates for continuing education and training and must obtain certification as a Certified County Clerk within three (3) years of hire. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Salary range: $52,073 - $64,089 Annually (DOQ)
GLYNN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
GLYNN COUNTY HAS A TOBACCO AND SMOKE-FREE POLICY