Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $40,186.79 - $67,513.80
The purpose of this classification is to perform specialized work including full investigative reports associated with investigation of criminal activity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts Police Officer backgrounds and interviews applicants during the interview process to gather additional information pertaining to the background process.
- Contacts job references that applicants have listed and verifies both present and former employments. Complies any information related to the applicant that may include internal affairs incidents.
- Drives a City vehicle to other law enforcement agencies and reviews personnel files for Police applicants.
- Drives a City vehicle to applicants' residences and verifies residency.
- Utilizes the LexisNexis database and searches for reports related to job applicants. Uses additional internet databases in searches related to the job applicant.
- Contacts victims of financial crimes and gathers any pertaining information for each case.
- Sends subpoenas to financial institutions within financial crime investigations through U.S. mail, fa, or e-mail.
- Confirms, locates and interviews suspects regarding his/her involvement in a crime under investigation.
- Reviews Elder Abuse cases. Contacts a representative of Adult Protective Services and discusses information related to each incident with the representative.
- Contacts the victims of Elder abuse cases and discusses information related to the incidents.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent; and three (3) years of related experience that includes criminal investigations, patrol work, and general law enforcement, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess and maintain valid Georgia driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data; ability to exercise discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
- Ability to apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others in coordinating activities of a project, program, or designated area of responsibility.
- Ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages; ability to utilize principles of fractions; ability to interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, and leadership, and to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to resolve problems.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
The work is medium which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound.
- Mental Acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
Work may be performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, fumes, hazardous materials, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, bright/dim light, toxic agents, disease, pathogenic substances, violence, animal/wildlife attacks, animal/human bites, explosives, firearms, or rude/irate customers.