City of Doraville, Georgia
Position Title: Cash Room Clerk/Court Personnel – Part Time
Reports to: Chief Court Clerk
Department: Municipal Court
Summary of Position:
This position performs clerical work in the Municipal Court system of the City. Work in this position involves receiving payments at the window and through the mail, recording payments and issuing receipts, entering citation disposition into the court management system, filing citations, and responding to disposition requests. Additionally, answers telephone inquiries and works in the courtroom as needed. Must possess strong customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of a specific statement from the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serves as the first point of contact for anyone entering the courthouse.
- Receives monies for payments of fines and fees at the payment window and through the mail, records payments, and issues receipts for such.
- Maintains a balanced cash drawer.
- Provides assistance to the public, defendants, attorneys and internal customers regarding court citations, reports, fines, and records as requested via telephone, e-mail, and in person.
- Enters citations, including traffic citations, parking tickets, and code compliance violations into the court management system.
- Enters disposition information into the court management system.
- Assists with the preparation of the court dockets and assures that all tickets and paperwork are ready for court.
- Performs general office duties including, but not limited to, filing, copying, typing, and distributing mail and other documents.
- Responds to disposition and open records requests.
- Helps in the courtroom as needed.
- Exercises good judgment in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work effectively with the Judges, Solicitor(s), Public Defenders, Defense Counsel and the general public.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and other office equipment.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to speak and communicate fluently in Spanish strongly desired.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to exert moderate, though not constant, physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12 - 20 pounds).
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable law, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the City.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation, to include but not limited to, a physical examination with drug screening and an oral interview.
This classification specification does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Employment with the City of Doraville is at-will in accordance with Georgia law.
The City of Doraville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.